HEY PLAIN TOWNSHIP
WELCOME TO MAE COLLISION & VEHICLE BODY REPAIR
Early businesses operated within Plain Township included gristmills, sawmills, stores, distilleries, and a tannery. The first school was built in 1807, and the first church around 1809.
The area of Middlebranch was settled as early as 1815, and a small store, mill, and post office were operated there quite early. However, the village was not platted until January 1881. The village of New Berlin (now North Canton) was also settled as early as 1815, and lots were surveyed and laid out in 1831. Early businesses operated there included several mercantile's, a blacksmith, pottery, tannery, and lumber yard.